Thursday, February 03, 2005

Elephant Fever


I have a cold. Or the flu. I'm sick. I know this on many levels cause:

One, I stayed home from work today and ended up working more than I would than if I went into the office. The phone calls started around 8:oo am and my day just ended a little after midnight.

It never fails. I work more when I'm home sick than I do in a whole week in the office. You should see what I can accomplish working with a lap top from my bathroom floor.

The second reason I know I am sick is that I have been thinking of absurd things all day. Yes. more absurd than my usual thoughts. Thoughts like elephants. I even mentioned them to my son. Nothing in particular. Just elephants.

Did you know if you talk about elephants, kids will fix you dinner, bring you coffee and aspirin, and generally take care of you? They didn't even have to be pink either. Elephants...not the kids. Pink.

Did I mention I'm sick? Either that or Animal Planet has gone to my head.

No comments: