Thursday, February 24, 2005

GRRRRRR

Boss #1 is in town this week.

It began with a phone call Wednesday night at 9pm. Seems he arrived in town and when he got to his apartment he decided to run out and get some groceries. And after shopping, the battery in his car was suddenly dead in the parking lot of the grocery store. So he calls me. 9pm.

I was so not in the mood to drive 1/2 hour to where he was, jump his car off then go back home. But I would have. It's my job, I mean since he called and whatnot. I was just tired and had a lot to do that night.

So, I thought quickly and gave the place that put the tires on my car that was near him, a call. Luckily they were 'kinda' open and the very, very, very nice lady there offerred to swing by and jump the car off since they didn't have the right battery there for his car.

This morning it cranked and he gets to the office and gives me the keys to the Jag. I go out to take it to the dealer to get a new battery, and the car won't crank. The car alarm seems to have more than enough juice to sound off with however.

So.... I... me... end up jumping it off with a little bit of help of one of the guys in the office. Not one of the guys jumping it off.. me. The girl.

A little about Jaguars:

~ The engines have covers over everything and you can't see what's what without breaking a fingernail or two.
~ The battery is in the trunk. Hidden under the floormat in the wheel well.
~ Jaguar batteries run $178.00.

I hate cars. Even jags.

No comments: