Friday, February 11, 2005

Shock Therapy


How many electricians does it take to............. etc.

So, I'm sitting at the car repair shop waiting on my Jeep and I get a call from my electricians, AAA Company. They went up to the county planning and development office and the county denied them a permit. le sigh.

I, me, the homeowner and now pool contractor has to send an affidavit or something something and say ___? Yea, it gets fuzzy about then.

So the next day (yesterday), on my lunch hour I head up to the county planning and development office. Two hours I wait. Watching listening, fuming, yawning, agitated, and worried cuz my lunch hour is only an hour and I'm already way over that.

Finally the nice lady calls my name and asks why I'm there.

"Bad pool man. No electricity. Pool of doom in yard. Electricians. Three weeks. Need Permit. Come here. You say no. Seven months. For the Love of Neptune, help me," I manage to babble.

The nice lady pulls up my records. "This is for a pool right?" She says.

Me, nodding, "Uh huh. "

"The electrical work has already been done," she says.

"Uhm, No it hasn't," I replied, resulting in Lady #2 coming over to see what the problem is.

"But we have issued a permit," nice lady says.

"Maybe so, but there is no electricity to the pool." I explain.

"Well, there's a permit for it." She says. Like THAT automatically means I have power."You should have power." Lady #2 offers.

"But I don't. And when my electricians tried to get a permit yesterday, you said no. And now I'm here." (and by the way after two hours, I'm so not having fun now.)

"So there's a permit and you say there's no electrical work done? " She's catching on quick. "Well, just have them go ahead and do the work." She retorts.

"I tried. You guys wouldn't give them a permit." I'm exasporated about now.

"That's cause they already have one." Lady #2 replies smartly.

Me thinking.. let's try this another way..... "The permit was issued to whom," I ask.

"DDD Electrical." Says nice lady #2."

And who are DDD Electrical?" I inquire.

"Your electricians." says snide lady.

"No they're not. My electricians are AAA Electrical." says the more adamant me.

"You don't want DDD to do the work? But they've already paid for a permit." Says man that has come over to 'help.'

"When did DDD Company pull the permit?" I ask.

"July .... 2004. So they should have done the electrical a long time ago...." Lady #1 replies.

I........ stare ....at....... them...........unblinking.

"Right. We'll erase them." Says man. But we need a letter from you telling us who will take over the job.

I reach over the counter and grab her post it note pad and write a 'letter'. I hand it to Lady #1. She looks at it and looks at me and looks at the scrawled letter and looks at me who is about ready to lose it....

Nice man says, "It's done. Have your electricians come back and get a permit. No problem."

No problem... Pfft.

He doesn't know who he's saying that too. This little 'no problem' took me 2 1/2 hours and I am betting it's not over with yet.

I can't wait to see what the next 'no problem' is.

No comments: