Saturday, February 05, 2005

TV and the Lord

I've been home sick for the last 3 days. Working from home has definitely been the way to go. I can't see myself at work, still in pj's, wrapped in a blanket sniffling at my desk. So all in all, it's not been a bad 3 days.

I've had a chance to notice the huge wasteland that is daytime TV. Trailer trash talk TV hosts, infomercials, and more trash TV. So while channel hopping I ended up watching Joyce Meyer. I've always enjoyed listening to her. But haven't watched or seen her in many years. She gives practical applications of living well. And her talk was about helping people. How sometimes you'd say... Lord if you want me to do something to help, give me a sign. Show me that I'm supposed to do something. And she decided that instead she was going to say, Lord I'm gonna do something to help, unless you stop me. She also said going to church doesn't make you a Christian ... after all you could sit in the garage all day and you'd not turn into a car.... She cracks me up. Or maybe it's the fever.... anyway.......Helping people.

Last night a situation was brought to my attention. It's a friend of my sons. 18 year old girl. No where to go. Family problems. So I was laying in bed thinking, Lord if you want me to do something, let me know.duh... So instead, I'm helping, and if he doesn't want me to, he'll have to stop it. We'll see if it 'stops', bites me in the ass, or I'll temporarily inherit a 'daughter' that likes to clean.

The Lord works in mysterious ways.

No comments: