Wednesday, February 16, 2005

P.O.D.

Tomorrow is PO-day. Power Off Day. Oh goody, gee, golly, I can't wait. I mean everything else has gone so smoothly, this should be a piece of cake.
I called Monday to arrange for the power to be turned off for the day on Thursday. And it seems since the account wasn't in my name, I couldn't ask for the power to be turned off, or more importantly back on. I've been meaning to do that for oh, about 7 years now. Change the name, that is... but there were some things I had to finish up first, before I could. Estate settling, divorce, name change. Things.

So... they wanted permission from the account holder to do the name change. Well, um, the account holders are um, dead. There's a conversation stopper. She waived all the fuss about needing their approval, social security number, etc. and put in for the account to be in my name. Of course with a $250 deposit for 'new' service of course. Nevermind I have 7 years of cancelled checks showing I'm the one who has made the payments. le sigh.

So, if I'm not back by dark, send an alert. Yea, like that will help.

No comments: