Friday, February 11, 2005

Pool Saga Continues






The never ending saga of the pool of doom.....

So....

Three weeks ago, I called a new electrician we will call AAA. They came out and it turns out I need more power or something-something so 'we' have to get the Electric company to come out and shut off the power and then they need to install a new box. I don't know.. it's a conspiracy. These days I just nod my head and go with it.

So. Then the ice storm hits. The power company is a little bit too busy for pools of doom you know cuz see.... they're restoring power to a few hundred thousand people, so my job gets put on hold.

God is laughing. I just know he's rolling around watching this with divine glee.

Then later one evening, a few days after the ice storm, I get a call from the electrician who says he wants to start on the pool. Start..... on..... the....... pool?!!

Huh? It's started already. "Who are you? Who told you to call me?" says an oh so confused ME.

"I'm from 'The bad pool company'," the equally confused man says.

Huh? After 4 months of no work, no returned phone calls, suddenly the 'bad pool guy' is scheduling work on my pool? I don't think so!

So I tell the bad pool company electrician, (now named YYY)..... "No. And when you talk to the 'bad pool man', tell him to call me." Yea, right like he's gonna.

'The bad pool man' calls. He wants to finish my pool. Well DUH, I'm sure he does! I have one draw left which means money in his pocket.

After a "nice" little chat, he agrees to stay away from me, my house and my pool of doom... and I agree not to maim/ sue/ take his butt to court and make his life more miserable.

So.... I have 2 sets of electricians now and no power to the pool.

Ever heard the saying "Things come in 3's?"

..... Apparently that even applies to electricians.... to be continued.

No comments: