Friday, February 11, 2005

OOPS!

College son came home this weekend. I kinda forgot to tell him his 'sister' now has his room. Ooops. Every time I started to talk to him about it, something intruded. He came home to give up his car to brother #2 because brother #2's car is dead, again. Apparently the $1,000 engine wasn't enough to revive it. May it rest in peace, after I take a sledge hammer to it.

So to make up the loss of the car and the room, I told him to pick a brothers room to take over. We cleaned it, washed the linens, and generally made it livable again.

Though, truth be known, they all camp out in chairs and couches on the weekend and rarely sleep in a real bed anyway. But it made me feel better.

And, joy of joy, their Grandmother (my ex mother-in-law) showed up today from NC before I got home from work. She is the first to meet the new daughter child. I expect to be the subject of much wild and sordid stories for the next few years. And here I was thinking my rep as the black sheep ex daughter in law was slowly dissipating. Not. Baaaa.

Go me.

No comments: