Monday, February 14, 2005

Valentine = NO roses

Yes, yes we all know today is Valentines Day. Ho hum. There will be no roses around this house under ANY circumstances. None. Nada. Zip. Mainly because I am not seeing anyone that would send me any but also ....................

I'm no longer fond of getting red roses as a gift. I love the flower. I love the scent of roses. But under few circumstances should anyone give me a dozen red roses. Two dozen, ok. Three dozen ok. For some reason a few dozen feels different. But one red rose or one dozen.... Please, No thank you.

My ex was notorious for bringing me red roses. Roses for I'm sorry. Roses for my birthday. Roses for Valentines Day. Roses for Anniversary. Roses. Spur of the moment ooops I forgot what day it is or I'm in trouble so let me run into the grocery store for the fastest thing I can get and pick up a red rose and/or 12 roses instead of a gift or thought and not even with a card or ever ever vary the color, roses. And once they had been given, everything was supposed to be great.

They were given in remorse. I'm sorry I forgot your birthday/anniversary etc.

They were given in place of actually having to put some thought into anything.

I once put a dozen in water and he accused me of killing them cuz they wilted in two days.

I am no longer a fan of the perfunctionary 12 red roses as a gift. As I said I love the flower, I love the smell. And, I swear I didn't kill the one set of flowers ahead of time. Really.

It was just every time I would look at them, instead of being able to enjoy their beauty, it would remind me that they were given with so little thought and meaning. And roses are far too beautiful to be treated that way.

And don't even get me started on Godiva chocolates. You don't want to know my thoughts on those.

But for everyone out there that does like receiving roses, I hope you get the most beautiful, long stem roses you all deserve.

And may they be sent with love.

No comments: