Thursday, November 18, 2004

College Can Be A dangerous Thing.

I was talking to Son#1 this morning. He's the one at college. His (and his twin brother's) birthday was Friday. They turned 19.

I was calling him again to say happy birthday and tell him that I sent a card and stuff and well.... I called just cuz I'm a Mom and that's what we do when important days are spent apart. Anyway....

Here's the convo after the birthday chat part ......

ME: Ouch, my head is sore.
SON#1: Why? Did you hit it?
Me: No. Not that I remember.
SON#1: Maybe you hit it and that's why you don't remember.
Me: Son....that's highly unlikely.
SON#1: Well maybe you should see a doctor.
Me: For WHAT?! There's a lump on the side of my head. It's
sore.
SON#1: What kind of lump?
Me: A sore one. What do you mean what kind of lump.
How do I know?
SON#1: Maybe it's a brain tumor.

Have I mentioned this kid is majoring pre-med?

FYI.... I figured out what it is and it's NOT a brain tumor. It's curler head. A completely different kind of aflliction. I rolled my hair last night, sleeping on the curlers.

Brain tumor......that kid cracks me up. And yes, we're working on his bedside manner..

No comments: