Saturday, January 22, 2005

A Phone Trick

8:00am this morning, my cell phone rings....

I look at the caller ID.. it's Son#3.

"Hello MOM..." says a deep voice. Even half asleep, I instantly recognize this is NOT one of my kids.

...Seems my youngest son lost his cell phone. A wacky family found it. The Dad went thru the names in the menu, and figured the entry labeled MOM was the one to call. When I asked the Dad where he found the phone, there was a huge pause.

Then he explained that he found it in the middle of the street in front of his house. (I found out later why the silence..lol)

So...after Son#3 woke up, I had him call his phone and talk to the man and make arrangements to go get the phone. Which he did a while ago. So... son gets directions and goes to get his phone and afterwards calls me. Here's what happens......

Son#3 rings the doorbell and the wife answers and invites him into the house. The husband appears with the phone and then tells my son that he has to do a trick to get his phone back. Huh? A trick. ooook. lol. Alrighty then. My son does a back flip. Hell, I didn't even know he could do a back flip..... but apparently it was a good enough trick and he earned his phone back.

They are all laughing about the trick, the lost phone, and the Mom tells my son he got off easy. Seems the Dad is a major prankster.

When the Dad called me, he was apparently going to pretend to be somebody on the phone........ and when I asked him where he found the phone, he was gonna say "On the body."

OMG.. Holy crap...

That would have been SO not funny. Pfft. Thank goodness men like this have wives to slap some sense into them. Ok...so I'm laughing now........but that poor woman.. I'm thinking her hand must be so sore. I hope she smacked him good for that one.

Real good.

No comments: