Monday, January 10, 2005

Lost? Phone Your Admin.



I love my boss. No, not literally people, get your mind outta the gutter. My boss is the one of the reasons I stay at my job.

He and his wife are in Atlanta this weekend and they're having Sunday brunch with a friend who also happens to be the CEO of the company where one of my sons just got a job.

It is one of those "totally random small world" events that happen. So now, my sons name will come up at brunch today, because when my boss told me he was having brunch with him, I said "Good grief Son#2 just got a job at XXX."

Oh joy. Sometimes my mouth works faster than my brain. Damnit.

That kid better behave at work. Actually my son met the CEO last week while at work. A kinda funny story I'll write if I remember.…

So anyway, my boss... He's one of the most smartest, self sufficient people I know. He could exists in the business world without me. Easily. Except for driving and directions.

I map quest him on trips all the time. I use Yahoo and Expedia. I give him 2 maps and 2 written directions.... but inevitably 95% of the time, he gets lost. And then he calls me.

Once he called from New York. Lost. "I'm on the wrong expressway. Where do I go?" Was how the call started. He didn't know if he was going N, S, E or W. I made him give me the names of exits he was passing, and simultaneously map quested the names until I found him on the map and then map quested his route. And today was no exception. He got lost and called.

Fortunately I was familiar with the area he was in and was able to talk him to the right location.

Sometimes, he thinks I am amazing. lol.

Thank goodness he doesn't have OnStar.

No comments: