Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Martini Please


Ok... so Son#2 is taking a break from school. He wasn't ready to jump into college right out of high school.

He has this 'go nowhere job' that his mother doesn't approve of, at a place that will remain nameless, until he is ready to go back to school.

So ...Son#2 is in his 6th day of training, and the CEO comes in to visit. And the man introduces himself to my son.

My brilliant child says.... "It's nice to meet you. You look familiar." (Yea, like my son has moved in the same circles and is going to have met the CEO of this national multi-million dollar chain? not)

And the CEO takes him by the shoulders and turns him around and points to his (the CEO's) picture hanging on the wall. Fortunately my child has the salesman gene and he and the "boss' had a good laugh and a nice little chat.

Then, my Boss and the CEO have brunch on Sunday.

One can only hope there were lots of martinis involved.

No comments: