Wednesday, December 21, 2005

A Plan is born

To date or not to date, and why? That's the question I'm pondering tonight.The only answer I can come up with is 'because I'm bored. ' But when it comes right down to it, I'm really too lazy to put the time and effort into dating.

And before I get started, this isn't a question about sex. I can find that anywhere. It's about a r.e.l.a.t.i.o.n.s.h.i.p. and I don't think I want one of those. Do I? I can't decide. Le sigh.


Tonight the answer is no. I don't. I mean why should I? I've already been married. I have my own house. I support myself. I have total control over the remote, the bathrooms and closets. What more could a girl ask for? It's Nirvana.

I read many 'single women' blogs. Women who all sound to be looking for Mr. Right. Many of these women are in their late 20's, professionals, humorous as hell, but rather desperately seeking the husband of their dreams to father their not yet to-be-born children.

I have children. It's incentive not to get married.


But then I was watching TV and saw a commercial for E-Harmony. So I went to check out the site. (Boredom manifests itself in strange ways.)

Damn, these people are way too freaking serious. After about the 3rd page of answering questions, I quit. Anybody that fills out all that paperwork is looking for marriage. I mean what kind of guy would fill out a mega questionnaire like that? Girls? Yes. We take quizzes in magazines. Answer a 40 page questionnaire? No problem. Guys? Well, I'm thinking, not so much.

And just watch those E-Harmony commercials. The couples are so sweet, in love, yadda yadda...but look closer. Those women have death grips on the guy. There isn't a one that isn't latched onto his arm or super glued their hands together. Scary.

I think what I really need to find is a small circle of single girl friends...

And a pool boy like the Christmas Santa. I mean, he comes to the house weekly, doesn't take up closet space, I don't have to feed him..........Yep, I think that he would do quite nicely. Quite nicely indeed.

Now, where to find one. That is the real question.

12 comments:

pkeclub said...

you have your dream, i have mine and thats to be a guy who can come over to my ladys house get freakin crazy and then go home. i guy can dream cant he

Tammy Brierly said...

LOL I always get a chuckle when I read your journal! I was very happy without a man for 13yrs(I did not even date). When I decided to go online and find "my poolboy" I accidentally hit the motherlode. Try the internet, you can always hit delete!

Jod{i} said...

LOL...Those commercials drive me crazy! Lets see them in ten years! 4 kids later! Yea...
Your idea sounds much..much better!

Tammy Brierly said...

Maxine on "The Perfect Man" "All I'm looking for is a guy who'll do what I want, when I want, for as long! as I want, and then go away. Or wait nearby, like a Dust Buster, charged up and ready when needed."

Saw this and thought of you. LOL

~Rebecca Anne~ said...

Need a cure for wanting a relationship? Just read my journals for awhile :o)

I dream of a day, when the girls are moved out, the relationships are gone and I can hunt myself a few sugar daddies to entertain myself on weekends.

That sounds like nirvana~~

Becky said...

Stay single and unattached. It's much less stressful (until you need a jar opened or the garage door fixed.) LOL I am very happily married, but I tell my husband all the time that when he dies, I'm not replacing him. This was a one time deal. If he goes first, I am going to become a nun. It's like joining the military, without the pesky requirement of shooting at people. Free clothes, free food, free lodging...yeah. Very appealing. LOL

Becky said...

Oh, and as for the kids? Just give them money. Sprinkle money under the tree and tell them it's like a grab bag. Watch the resulting meelee with maternal pride. ;-) Seriously. When I was their age, cash or gift certificates were the most appreciated gifts I got.

Anonymous said...

ahhhhh, stick to fruit, it's safer. Anne/ksquester

Bon & Mal Mott said...

What a terrible dilemma! Be beholden to no one, or shackle yourself to someone who will most likely insist that you change in some unwelcome fashion.
We'll be waiting to see what your decision is.
Bon & Mal

Bedazzzled1 said...

Geez, I love how you have made your blog look. I cannot even get music to play in mine (just ask Chris over at It's All About Me).

Not quite sure what to say about your poolboy problem. I have been married a long time and still love my hubby, so I am not in the loop when it comes to dating. I guess I think what will happen just happens. You may find him when and where you least expect. It IS nice to have companionship (and sex...sex...sex).

Now I think I will hit my blog and see how much more I can screw up the changes I want to make to it. ::grin::

AlbGlinka said...

Picture yourself seventy, still single, living with way too many cats... still want to refuse all dates? I thought not!

--Albert

Sie said...

Ahem.... Albert. Who's the cat lady here? I seem to remember a post with kittens....(snicker).

I'd like to date, but we both know all the good men already have boyfriends.