Sunday, December 04, 2005

Lethargy

I'm in a serious rut. However, the rut isn't really the problem. It's the attitude that goes with it.

I'm just so damn lethargic. Too lethargic to even try and climb out of the rut I find myself in. It just seems easier to lay here at the bottom and look up, rather than muck around to find things to build a ladder and climb out.

I thought about posting pictures of my closet, thinking perhaps public humiliation would be the catalyst needed to clean it. I'm too tired to go and find the camera.

3 weeks until Christmas. Just the thought of pulling out all the decorations is enough to send me back to bed.

I can't even muster up the interest to go shopping for the kids. When I ask what they want for Christmas, I'm getting their standard answer of "I don't know." Wandering through crowds and stores looking for "I don't know" is frustrating and expensive. More so when I don't know what my budget is yet.

This weekend and the next two will be spent traveling 5 hours to and from Ft. Benning for shooting competitions with my youngest. It makes even me more tired just thinking about it.
Now that I've depressed everyone, I think I will go back to bed. Maybe I will wake up with some energy.

One can only hope.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I think it's the time of year. I'm sure feeling the exact same way. I used to LOVE decorating for Christmas. The whole house was transformed. Now they're lucky if the tree gets put up and I can find all their stockings. A swift kick in the head might help, I'll kick you if you kick me! LOL
Feel better (It's just a closing line, I'm not going to feel better, either)
~~Kath~~

Anonymous said...

2 jobs and kids may be the reason you are tired. You are allowed to be tired. Also, the fact that it seems that time is flying by at the speed of mach 10. The holidays are now a consolidated rat race. You'll be ok.

Tammy Brierly said...

The driving you will have to do sounds AWFUL. I'd rather sit in your closet. lol I hate the "I don't knows" because they always know! One day at a time and a nap!

{{HUG}}

Tammy

Louie said...

Well, I would have to say that you have a case of the 'Bah-Humbugs'. Not unlike myself really.

What has happened to the meaning of the holidays? Family, love and happiness...I truly hate how stressful it is and how it seems that holidaze aren't about that but about how much money one can spend. it sickens me really. One year I slaved over the rolling pin and mixer making cookies for gifts for the families for about 2 weeks straight. I was really proud of that gift actually because a lot of love went into it. Well, hubby's brother opened his gift and said, 'Gee, cookies, nice Christmas gift' with a snide tone and I almost cried. Since then we have not given them anything for Christmas. Poohey on him I say.

Shopping? YUK!!! This year were going to try something different that another family does. We're going to get our kids a bunch of different gift certificates and after the Holidays we're going to have a family shopping day at the mall. Somewhere we never go as we live to far away. Our younger two we thought we would get certificates to Toys R Us and let them loose. Then our older two can have at the clothes of their choice, and whatever else they choose. Of course our tree will be somewhat empty but for those usual gifts of socks and such.

Chin up Sie!!!! We all have dirty closets. I would NEVER photograph mine though, lol. Now that would be embarrassing!!!! : )

Bon & Mal Mott said...

It's a shame that Christmas, which should be a quiet time with family for togetherness and reflection, has been turned into a screaming merchandising machine.
If you can manage it, Sie, you ought grab some time just for yourself. It might help quite a bit. As for the gifts, perhaaps you could take them at their word and put into a nicely wrapped gift box the letters needed to spell out "I don't know."
Bon & Mal

Anonymous said...

Yawn..........You were saying? I'm going back to bad! ANNE

Anonymous said...

uh oh! I mean bed.......although, I have been known to be bad...in bed, but that's a separate entry. ANNE