Friday, December 23, 2005

Oh Chit.

OMG. There are 2 - -TWO(!) shopping days left. TWO.

After work yesterday, I grabbed the nearest son (aka helper elf#1) and took off shopping. I was actually armed with ideas. Ideas people. Ideas!

We hit the Dollar Store so helper elf#1 could get his tradition out of the way and then it was on to the store. There were no crowds and plenty of stuff on the shelves. We started wandering.

"Oh look" said helper elf, "gloves. I sure need some gloves."

Into the basket they went. "Pretend you didn't see that" I said. "Merry Christmas."


"Oh look!" said helper elf, "A suede comforter. You know brother C wants a comforter. Boy, I sure would like a new comforter like this too."

Into the basket 2 comforters went. "Pretend you didn't see that" I said. "Merry Christmas."


And so it went.

Today I'm grabbing helper elf #2.

Hey, no system is perfect. And a mom's gotta do, what a mom's gotta do.

2 comments:

Jod{i} said...

OMG! You are sooo right! AAACHHH Two days....Chit chit!
I love that system...guess what I am doing after work?

Anonymous said...

I had to take my daughter with me to be my "elf". My kids are 23 and 13 now and harder to buy for, as they are much pickier now than when they were smaller. I miss those days when they were little, but at the same time, am glad they are big enough to take care of themselves for the most part. Now, I am their cook and maid. ::sigh:: Thanks for visiting my journal. I am happy to report I am fine and no ill side effects after the flea med incident.

Merry Christmas!~
Susan aka Fido ;-) ROFLMBO.