Monday, December 20, 2004

Shop Til You Drop

Well I did it. I took lunch today.

I started Christmas shopping.I dropped almost a full paycheck on Christmas. I have 3 teenage sons. I bought 8 gifts. 8. E .I .G .H .T. gifts.

The math isn't looking good.And I'm outta ideas.

Shopping should be easy.

Ever since my guys were little, they only get to ask for 3 major gifts at Christmas. Why you ask? Cuz there were 3 wise men that brought Jesus gifts. (When they were little, this sounded better than Mommy is broke and can't buy everything.... and stops the gluttony too, besides.)

Oh sure, they can ask for more little stuff.... but they had to stick with only asking for 3 major things.

To this day, they still make a list with only 3 major requests. Well 'cept this year. This year I got these lists:

Son #1:

1. Half Life 2 (video game)
2.
3.

Son #2:

1. D&D figurines
2.
3.

Son#3:

1. Prism markers for artists.
2.
3.

Somebody want to to tell me how I dropped almost 4 figures at lunch today for Christmas presents and only got 2 items on the lists up there?

There are 4 shopping days left.

AT this point, I'm not sure if that's good thing or a bad thing.

No comments: