Thursday, December 02, 2004

A Dating Story






Since the topic of dating was brought up at Thanksgiving. I thought I'd share a dating story.

After my divorce was final, I found I was going out a lot because I was bored.

And I was too nice to say no. Ok, maybe I just wasn't good at saying no thanks, but mainly I was bored.

It only took a few times making that mistake and I've since learned how to say 'no' when I don't sense a spark. See, watch....

"Aww, that's sweet but no thank you." "No, thank you. But it was nice of you to ask." and unfortunately occasionally the, "Let's call your wife and see if she wants to go too." has had to been uttered a few times too as a 'no' response..

But before I became adept at saying 'no', I said a few 'yeses' along the way. Le Sigh... So this time when I said yes, we met for dinner. I knew immediately there was no spark. But meeting new friends can be fun too, so it's never a total loss. You hope.

We're eating dinner and talking... You know, the usual chit-chat. Things you like to do, etc.

And He liked Flea markets and Garage sales.

He liked to shop for clothes at them.

...for Womens clothes.

...For the mannequin he kept in his front living room. uh yea.

Normaaaan. Check, please!

No comments: