Saturday, December 18, 2004

$1 Stores Rock

Yep, I love the Dollar Store too. How can you not with 3 kids? Great for a budget.

Christmas can be expensive enough, but when you're broke, it takes on a whole new meaning. Even though I'm not as broke as I used to be in years past, the Dollar Store is still a great shopping tradition.

Here's the deal: Give each of the three sons $30. $90 dollar total investment. $90 for 90 presents. Not bad.

Each son spends $10 on brother #1.....$10 on brother #2....and $10 on Mom.

They like to be able to give Mom something, but it always felt silly and wasteful giving them money to buy something for me when I could use the $ for something like ummm.. FOOD?! ..... so giving over an extra $30 is a good solution.

They felt good that Mom had something to open on Christmas and I didn't feel like it was a waste of alot of good money on me.

The rules are simple: 1. You have to shop at a different Dollar Store than everybody else. 2. You have to WRAP everything. Everything.

So that means each son gets at least 20(!) presents to unwrap. And when you're a kid, that's just plain FUN! Woohoo.

Dollar stores rock.

No comments: