Sunday, May 01, 2005



Ahhh weekends...

Glorious lazy weekends.

Friday night Son#3 and I left for the 4H camp for his shooting event on Saturday.

It rained. It not only rained, but there were tornado warnings as well. I tried to take pictures, but the camera wasn't cooperating. There was nothing to see anyway except 400 kids and their respective parents congregating outside various buildings in the rain. Wet. Soaking wet.

Perhaps a photo study of umbrellas would have been nice..... but the batteries failed, so pfft on that.

Then came today. Sunday. Motor sunday.

I ordered (yes a royal edict even) for one or two of my sons to go mow the "F-ing" grass.

I have 3 lawn mowers and NONE work. Not even the new one I bought last fall. Course the oldest mower is missing a wheel but still! A wheel is not needed to start a mower. The new one was just being stubborn and refused to crank; and last but not least, the riding lawn mower smoked when it worked but now it had a dead battery.

But we perservered.



pull.crank.cuss.pull.crank.cuss.pull.crank.cuss.kick. nothing.

So I figured I'd go buy a new battery for the riding lawn mower.

I mean, so what if it smokes so bad that last year the neighbors came running thinking my house was on fire. At least the yard would look nice ... and there was a stiff wind blowing so the smoke would dissipate quickly.

New battery installed and then...

We hooked up the new battery/wires accordingly and THIS happened. It friggen melted the 'Negative' post. MELTED! MELTED IT!


... that's just so wrong.

No comments: