Friday, May 06, 2005

Jumping the Shark


Well, it's official... I've jumped the shark.

I am home today suffering with a 'bad' back.

I never had back problems until about a year or so ago
when I tried to lift one end of a riding lawn mower.

Something in my back went 'pop' and I ended up face up in the front yard unable to move for a few minutes.

Ever since then, if I lift something wrong, I feel another little pop and back spasms are soon on their way, rendering me a painful, semi immobile lump.

Yesterday at work, I lifted a server off the floor and there it was.... that little 'pop'.

Today, I am at home, unable to walk like a normal human, upright.... or get out of bed without the help of another person.

It looks as though I've become one of 'those' people with a bad back.

So I think it's time I officially acknowledge

.....I've jumped the shark. Somebody throw me a raft.

No comments: