Thursday, May 05, 2005

Jill Of Trades

Yesterday, I got to work early for once. Well, hey. The boss is in town, I figured it's the least I could do.

Before noon I had dealt with:

~ What looked to be an attempt to hack our network.

~ Reports of a lost remote for the boss's tv at his condo.
................With my luck, it's probably sealed under the new hardwood floors.

~ Asked to figure out - "If it's 17:00 ITC Banglore, what time is my conference call in Atlanta and the guys in Puerto Rico."
................. ACK! This is like that math problem with the two trains, isn't it. If it wasn't for google search, I'd crash and burn on this for sure.

~ Curtains that were hung improperly in boss's condo. Apparently the cleaning lady cannot tie curtain tie tabs AND my boss can recognize this fact(?!) so now I'll have to go to the apartment and fix them.
.................Luckily for me I spent 8 years doing this kinda thing with my decorating business, so I'm highly qualified to handle this. Besides, I need to go find the remote for the tv too.

~ Wet carpets in a hotel room where one of the guys in town from San Juan is staying. The hotel gave him towels to put on the floor.
..........I suggested he have fun and climb around and walking on the furniture. He just smiled at me. Apparently my sense of humor must be too dry for him, unlike his floor.

~ Birds that kept fighting and slamming into the front windows of my office.
...... OK. That's just creepy and weird.

~ People asking me why the birds are fighting and slamming into the large windows.
..............Like I went out and asked them?

~ Getting two lawn mowers to two different mechanic shops.
............Shop A doesn't work on Toro's but does work on MTD's and Shop B doesn't work on MTD's but does work on Toro's. Apparently lawn mower repair is a highly specialized service. Who knew?

And Today............


Today, there have been no conference call math problems, no hotel complaints, no birds slamming into windows, and no one has said anything other than good morning to me.

Today I was 10 minutes late.

.... hmmm, I just might be on to something here.

No comments: