Thursday, May 19, 2005

IT'S A MONSTER!


The deck is done.

The consensus from deck builders, concrete companies, and various sundry people seems to be ..."Lady, you have a monster piece of concrete in your backyard."

1200 square feet of monster concrete mascarading as a deck.

The way they say it, I feel like I should be slapping my forehead and saying, "OMG, what was I thinking?! Was I trying for a flat Stone Mountain or something as lawn decor?!!!"

Instead, I just nod. I know it's a monster. I paid the concrete driver for the two full trucks that brought it. I don't care. It's here. It's one step closer to swimming.I don't care that it's almost as big as my basement.

Monster deck.... love it....

But I'm waiting in trepidation to see the monster bill.

They can't repo a monster deck, can they? Can they?!

No comments: