Friday, November 26, 2010

Turkey Coma, day two

It was a much quieter Thanksgiving than I care for around here.... but it was nice nonetheless.   I cooked two turkeys, two sweat potatoe souffle, two pans of dressing, mashed potatoes and a new string bean dish and other assorted side items, making sure the son who lives in Athens, Ga had enough leftovers to take home, thus doing my motherly duty of sending him home on a full stomach and with enough food to feed him for a month at least.  

I wish I was part of a loud Italian or Greek family....  Where there is alot of screaming and fighting and craziness around the holidays.   Hmmm....  Maybe not, there might not be leftovers.....   Wait, yes.   Definitely yes.   And, I want to host the holidays at my house.  Yep, I do.  

I also want to have money so that I can get up at 1am to get to stores to shop for Black Friday.   

But I have neither the large family nor the money to engage in Black Friday madness, so instead I will go fix another heaping plate of leftovers and descend blissfully into a turkey coma, phase two.

No comments: