Thursday, November 11, 2010

Happy Hour

I tried out one of the happy hour gatherings on Wednesday, after work.  

On the drive there, I went through my usual spiel in my head...... "This is stupid... why are you doing this?    I'm too tired to go.  I won't know anyone.  I don't even drink.  What the heck will I talk about?   I'm too old to be going to bars.   This is stupid...."       ok I repeated that one.   Normally that one is the one that makes me point the car home.

But instead, I went anyway and actually had a pretty fun time.  I guess about 80 people showed up and I met a few more women, all who were really nice and fun to talk to.  I didn't really chat up the men....  in fact I kinda carefully avoided making eye contact with most of them.  I'm getting out to make friendships, not meet men.  Just not interested or motivated .   Besides, if I wanted a guy, I could call up the barely 30 something I was kinda involved with months ago.... Oh, I forgot to mention him didn't I.

....  oh yea, I so robbed that cradle.

Anyway.....  tomorrow night is Salsa lesson night.   Should be fun!

No comments: