Saturday, November 13, 2010

I have to get better shoes.

Salsa lessons rock!   I enjoyed those moves much more than Samba moves.  There were less people this week, but the lessons were still great fun.

After lessons the group went to a trendy sushi restaurant.  I don't care for sushi, or spicey foods, but their menu was expansive and delicious.... and the place was 9/10 empty.   You realize how the lifestyle/economy has changed when walk into an awesome restaurant and nobody is in there.

Afterwards the group wanted to go dancing.   The choices everyone offered were crazy.  It seems, according to some, The Holiday Inn down the road was the place to go....

O.M.G.   Ok.... What can I say about the H.I.   It is THE place... the place for the over 70 crowd to dance.  Seriously.   And no denim is allowed.   It was funny/weird/awful/interesting... a little bit of everything.   Remind me when the wrinkles get too bad, to never, EVER wear pancake makeup.   It was both sad to see older women (and remember I am old!) squeezed into spandex, cake on makeup, and get all dolled up, ignoring the fact time had marched on.  But it was also nice to see that life doesn't end at any age, and flirting and dancing at any (chronological) age still happens.   So after the initial "Are you kidding me?!" look I gave to the folks that wanted to go there, I might actually go back with a group one night.  It looked like a nice group that was there and most importantly, least we forget.... older men know how to dance!   Not that blasted rocking back and forth stuff so many call dancing.   Older me, they've got moves!  

Unfortunately some of us were wearing jeans, and weren't allowed in, so off we all went in search of dancing.

We arrived at a small bar/restaurant that was what can only be described as, a meat market.   I had forgotten what those felt like.  EWWW.    There was live music, which was really good, but when you try to squeeze 200 people in a bar the size of a postage stamp, it becomes unbearable.  None of us were in the mood to play meat market, and dancing was impossible so off we went again.

This time we ended up at a large club that's been in Atl forever.   And there we danced, and danced and danced. 

I hobbled in my house at around 3am.   Today there is bowling.... I don't think my feet can take it.

I've not signed up for anything else yet, but I will.   This has been too fun, getting out and meeting some new people!

1 comment:

Lazarai said...

Okay, you are really making single-dom sound fun!! And I'm really, REALLY happy for you. It's great that you're getting out and meeting new people and trying new things. I think if Rob and I divorced, I would do that, too. We always joke that we would probably both join a local singles group called "Events and Adventures," because one of the things that drew us together is our love of stuff like that. LOL

Anyway, enjoy, and keep writing!! I like hearing you all happy and livin' life!