Monday, November 01, 2010

Baby Steps

The hike Saturday was really nice.  The weather turned out to be perfect too, a nice cool morning warming to the 70's towards noon.  The hike took about 2 hours.

I chatted like a magpie, leaving me breathless on the uphill climb.  YAY for exercise and company!

There was about 27 in the hiking group, all ages (from 35 and up) and everybody was really nice.  Afterwards, about 18 of us went to lunch together.  All in all a fun morning. 

The colors were beautiful along the river, and we saw one deer, tons of Canadian geese, a few brave souls out in the river fly fishing, and one teeeny tiny snake that still managed to give me cold shivers.   I hate snakes.  I should of taken a pic of the teeny thing, but even though it was small, it managed to make all reason leave my body.  All I wanted to do was move on!  And move on I did, rapido!

Lunch was fun, just sitting talking to people.  I probably ramble on and on....  poor tablemates. 

Later that evening I went to a Halloween hat party.  Once again, the group was really nice.  Everybody chatted with everyone.   It was pot luck, which I'm not a big fan of.  I always wonder about food made by people I don't know.    I don't know what their kitchens are like, or their cooking habits...  ewww...I know, ugly thoughts, but I can't help it.   I brought a cheescake sampler platter, and stuck to muching on the deserts.  I figure cookies are a pretty 'safe' bet.   Besides, I was still pretty full from the french dip sandwich I had at lunch.. yummie.

The hat party was OK.  It was better than going to one of the big Halloween parties that some of the groups were promoting.  I just don't feel comfortable getting dressed in a costume and heading out to a bar setting with a few hundred people that I don't know.   Since I don't drink, I chose the Hat Party that one of the ladies was hostessing.  We mostly sat around and just chatted.   They had posted they were into trivia, pictionary, charades and the like, but we never played :(      I love to play games but still, sitting and chatting and eating was nice.  Better than sitting home, that's for sure.

Then Sunday, Halloween ... the Zombies came out to play.......



1 comment:

Poker Game said...

The word of honour.