Friday, October 29, 2010

The Bandwagon Rides Again

I am back on the "I'm going to get a LIFE" Bandwagon, which by the way is parked on the fat ass bumper of the "I am going to lose these 10-20 pounds" bandwagon.   I know, I know.... you've heard this before.   And yes, I've tried various test drives and both bandwagons have ended up on the shoulder of life's highway, tires deflated and parked up on blocks..  

So a few months ago, I cranked the ole girl up and said, that's it.  I'm going to get out, have some fun, at least go wander through stores and get out of the house.   I am SO going to get a life again..... but I got new hardwood floors instead.  Damn Home Depot for putting ideas in my head.  By the way, the floors look gorgeous.  Um, wrong turn.

Then last month I jumped on the "I am so going to get a LIFE" bandwagon yet again ...... and I bought a Barnes and Nobel Nook.  Going to the bookstore seemed like a good idea at the time.  But alas, sitting home with a Barnes and Nobel bookstore at my fingertips is not conducive to getting a life, no matter how enjoyable reading is.   Um, wrong turn meets detour. 

So meet this month's attempt to bring lifes' bandwagon back on the road.  

I joined a social group and will be attending a river walk on Saturday with about 40 folk who are also trying to find a life.  Later that evening I am attending a Halloween Hat Party and next week I signed up for Samba lessons.

I'll keep you posted on my journey as I go careening down Life's highway and let's see how long it takes before the bumpers fall off, or I run out of gas.

No comments: