Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Snow is not for Geeks

If you haven't heard, it's snowing in the Atl today. It's that cute kinda snow.

For all you non southerners, cute snow is when it comes down like real honest to goodness snow, dusts the ground lightly then disappears when the sun comes out an hour later. We don't even rush to the grocery store for milk and bread or anything. and the snow amuses some of us to no end. I mean it's snow!

We really don't get much snow. If we do, it's accompanied by ice. And that's not cute at all.

So, the snow made me giddy...and I thought, gee let's do something funny for the office in Puerto Rico. I mean snow makes us .... (ok me) silly, imagine what it would do to the guys down there.

I wanted to get everybody (the whole 6 people in the office) to take their wireless lap tops outside and wander around in the snowy stuff... just wander around in a little circle with their lap tops while it came down. I'd take a little AVI and we'd send it down to the guys in PR to show them what the ATL office is up to on this 'beautiful' day. HEY! They send us pics of the beach and stuff....

Well it sounded funny in my brain. Geeks with headphones holding their lap tops, wandering around intently coding while the snow came down hard.

Sigh.... yea. My sense of humor is lost on the computer brain group. And for now the snow has stopped. Blah. What a waste of good snow.

Computer geeks are no fun.

No comments: