Monday, November 14, 2005

Save Me


Well the twins did it, the little ba**ards. Nevermind that it would drop kick their mother further into old age. They went ahead and did it anyway.

They turned 20 on Saturday. I mean how rude. 20 years old! Now when I meet some guy that smiles at me and then says he's 28... all I can think about is OMG my kids are his age, and that I have shoes older than they are... Kinda ruins the whole fantasy thing I could have going.

Now I have to find a 30 something. No wait... I can't do that either. My best friend has a son who is 32 and came to give me a quote for some stairs off my deck.... I've known him since he was a kid, he's still a kid! Let's just say I was having to chant his moms name in my head to keep myself on track.

When he left, I did however call her and asked 'when the hell did your son turn hunky. ' She laughed (fortunately really good friends can do that) and said it hit her the same way the other day.... AND that he was now dating her hairdresser who was 41. Hey... I'm not that far away from 41....

Naw.. she'd kill me. So.. 20 somethings are out... 30 somethings are out... which leaves 40 somethings.... And 40 somethings are generally looking for 20 somethings.... of which I am not. But if I were 20 something, I'd want a 30 something.... and we already know how well that goes over...

Where was I... normally I have a point, but I lost it.

Damn kids, I think they've shoved me into celebate senility.

2 comments:

emmapeelDallas said...

See, I knew I sensed a kindred spirit...I have fraternal twin sons who turned 20 in August.

Judi

Anonymous said...

20 somethings, too inexperienced

30 somethings, just figuring things out.

40 somethings looking for something they're missing.
That which only a 40 something can fulfill.

yeah, the lines are starting to show, but we sure earned them, and we start appreciating everyday, like we DON'T have forever left on this planet.

40's love can be absolutely incredible.