Sunday, April 03, 2005

Meow... no wait Woof!

Marriage......... Been there, done that, and spent years washing the t-shirts of the kids.

After talking to a variety of men this weekend, I had an epiphany about them. Well that and I got the idea off another blog....

Men Ages 0-15: Want a mother
Men Ages 16-30: Want to have sex with you, and every other woman on the planet.
Men Ages 30-50: Want to find someone that will have sex on a regular basis.
Men Ages 50-80: Want a mother.

One thing about dating in your 40's, you are no longer compelled to date every man that asks. There's no sense of urgency to 'find the one'.

My lists of "No thank you" reasons grow monthly. So far, I say 'no thank you' to:

Short men. Sorry, but height is a real issue for me. You can be over weight, cuz I'll work the weight off you (lol)...but short is forever and it is a turn off for me.

Men with small children. Sorry again. I just spent 20 years raising my kids. As much as I love and adore them, I don't want to be raising another set.

Men that don't live near me. Sorry, I'm just not into hotel meets. Yea, yea, I know it's worked for 'so and so', but for me it doesn't. I know it's romantic, and exciting, all those weekend hotel meetings.... but sooner or later that gets old.

Add all that up...and it looks like I'm going to be the cat lady of the neighborhood. Well sans the cats.....

I'm really more of dog person. (lol)

No comments: