Tuesday, April 26, 2005

I Will Not lose my hiar for this.

Ok... now this has been rolling around in my brain since I first heard this commercial. There is a Laser Hair Center that says that if I have the hair removal treatment performed on my legs, my life will be better because ... "instead of having to shave my legs and waste important time... that important time I could be sharing with my family...."

Soooooo, I'm wondering exactly what important thing my family is doing while I'm in the shower for 30 minutes. And why wasn't I told about it sooner?

Look. It took me years to reclaim bathroom time as 'alone time'.

My kids are teens now. They no longer slump sobbing against the door, pitifully knocking on it because Mom went 'somewhere' without them. Well, they're done with the sobbing part anyway.

Eventually (kinda) they learned the closed door rule. The rule that says be polite. When someone is in the bathroom and the door is closed...there will be no frantic knocking on the door asking for money/to find something that is lost/feed them/inform me the cat got out/or that there is a phone call for me.

They learned that in less than 3 minutes Mom will appear again and that I will still miraculously be able to hand out money/find a lost item/make lunch/go find the missing dog/cat or take a phone call, just as well as I could have done before I was in the bathroom. I did not flush the mommy powers away. I tried. I know.

I mean, short of the house being on fire, blood or broken bones concerning them or the cat; do not come banging on the bathroom door when I'm in there. Their world will survive until the bathroom door opens again.

And now this. A company insinuating to Moms that even that short time she spends doing girlie things is too much time spent not caring for her family. More Guilt. Great.

I suppose they'd be all for me getting the laser hair removal onmy head too... you know, to eliminate the 10 extra minutes I spend washing my hair. What next? Getting a cath?

Call me selfish....but I'm keeping the hair on my head. And I'll continue to remove hair the old fashioned way... one nick at a time... But better yet, I'm keeping my 30 minutes in the bathroom. I get to snicker when the kids forget the closed door rule and come knocking on the door. I pretend I can't hear their calls over the sound of the shower.

.........and yes, as long as I don't hear sirens in my driveway, this amuses me.

No comments: