Sunday, October 10, 2004

Pass The Kleenex Please and Thank You



Ok, normally TV is a huge wasteland (IMHO anyway.) But every once in a season a new TV show comes on that is really, really good. Ok there are actually a few I like this season, but this one is a must see.

We all go thru the 'poor me, life sux' days (or months)....of course some have good reason to feel that way..but the majority of us don't ~~~~> pointing finger at ME! and this show reminds me every week, how lucky and blessed I am.

Extreme Makeover Home. Every week hundreds of people get together with a design team and help a family that needs a new home. These people completely build a deserving family a brand new home, suited for the needs they have. The show tonight is about a family that has a daughter that is allergic to the sun. She can't go outside during the day, but what's worse is that she can't go into many rooms of her own house because of the sun. Just imagine. I can't.

Hearing stories like this makes whatever problems I THINK I have, fade away. My kids are healthy and because of a simple TV show, I am reminded to thank God for that fact, if I've forgotten to. Sometimes the answer to prayers is "no", and sometimes the answer isn't what you expected... but sometimes prayers are answered in a unique way by angels.... even via a TV show.

No comments: