Monday, September 11, 2006

Remember

.... I remember being in the office and setting the tv up to find out what the hell was going on. I remember hearing Beth frantically dialing her best friend that worked in the North Tower. I remember the sound of her phone echoing throught the office as she frantically pushed the re-dial button over and over and over again. I remember the sound of the call just ringing. I remember her screaming "oh God, NO" as the tower fell.... and the echo of that unanswered phone.

I remember wanting to go and get my kids and hold them.

I remember trying to locate all "my office guys" who were out of town and making sure none were in the air that morning.

I remember crying for all the people whose lives were lost, and crying for the people whose lives would be forever changed.

I remember wondering if 'he' worked in the trade center.
.

1 comment:

BosieLadie said...

...A day we will all remember so vividly... my heart goes out to all that lost loved ones on 9.11.2001.