Monday, July 31, 2006

Be Careful What You Ask For

I was whining the other day that I had nothing to think about or focus on. For a long time I had the pool of doom that commanded my attention. Once it was done, I briefly thought about landscaping, but decided I didn't want to go into debt again, so I dismissed those thoughts.

Sure I could think about how dirty the house is and what I could clean, but geesh.... that's even more depressing than not having anything to think about.

I refuse to think about my baby leaving for college. Hey, Denial works for me. I figure this plan will continue working for a few more days until I have to start writing checks and shopping for college supplies. College and ROTC isn't cheap. So, thinking about money issues.... well, I'll pass on that too.

Dates... hmm... Seems I get asked out by men that I find no initial attraction for. Who wants to think about boring dates? Ugh. pass.

So, as I said, I found myself with nothing to think about. Looking into the future wasn't a very fun place to go meandering.

And then.....

IT happened.

Something to think about. To focus on. To keep my mind busy and active.

Our office is moving. And I'm in charge of everything. Uh yeah. Everything from finding suitable/affordable new offices, to getting quotes for movers, to moving, to arranging the shift of phones, network, licenses, to ... well.... EVERYDAMNTHING....

AND... I have 2 months to accomplish this.

OMG, one day I will learn to keep my mouth shut ... ya think?!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gee, sounds like you need a "wife" I still think you're a peach! Anne

Anonymous said...

Gee, woman! Can't you just sit on your tussy every now and then. You put the Energizer Bunny to shame.

Anonymous said...

Hi Susan!
You are back, somewhat.
Thanks for your recent comments on my journal, I do so appreciate it and know you can identify with what is going on with ex.
Thanks, sweetie.
HOLLY

Anonymous said...

Oh good Lord! Good Luck my dear.