Thursday, June 02, 2005

JUMPING THE SHARK


Apparently I so enjoyed jumping the shark last month, that I tried to do it again... and succeded very well too, I might add.

The pool is done... let's all take a moment and reflect on the wonder of that statement. ok, wonder done.

Now if the weather would get warm, and the sun would come out, having a pool might be more fun if you could actually SWIM in it. Details, details, I know.

So.... pool done ...

I decided that next I wanted a stacked stone wall next to the house, around the pump, filter, heater etc.... And being the determined (read stubborn) woman I am, I decided.. I can do this myself.

What I didn't realize is that 6 hours of digging a trench, shovelling, loading and unload cinderblock for the wall foundation was not something a woman prone to shark jumping should do. Or overdo, as the case turned out to be.
And this was a whale shark. 2 days on my back. Back spasms are like labor, without the payoff when they're done. I never want to go through that again. ever. ever ever. Give me shearing sharp back pain any day over spasms.

And so the bricks lay scattered around the yard, the stone stacked neatly in it's pallet and the trench filling up with water and mud..

And speaking of water.. had I known it was going to rain for over a week straight, I'd have saved $ and let the pool fill up that way.

Just a thought.

No comments: