Saturday, February 05, 2011

Taxing the pony

Bowling was such great fun.  

Back when I was a "lady of leisure" I was on 2 bowling leagues and was really very good.   Well, I wasn't really a lady of leisure, I was a mom of 3 who managed to escape the crazy race of raising 3 boys by bowling twice a week in the mornings for 3 hours... but I was really really good.

I was kind of worried that I was going to throw out my back or fall on my face since it's been at least 10 years since I went bowling.    Nothing like going splat on a bowling lane to perk up a crowd of people.    I managed to stay on my feet, not throw out my back, or fall, and I ended up bowling 1 good game.  

But man oh man my fingers were killing me.   House balls suck.   I didn't bring my own, it weighs too much now for me to throw that thing, so with 100 other people that night, did the best I could with a house ball.   Oh, ummm   did I mention I'm competitive?    Yea... if I'm going to do something, I like to do it well.   So anyway...  it was fun.  The people were friendly as usual, and I managed to bowl well.    All in all a good night.   Damn, I'm so easily amused.

The next event I signed up for is Trivia night again this week.  :)

But tomorrow...  tomorrow is going to be a BITCH.  I am going to have my taxes done and it is scaring and depressing me.  After cashing in my 401k last year, I am going to owe a huge amount in taxes and I'm at a complete loss as to how I am going to pay it.  I am treading water as it is, and adding another payment plan onto my already stretched budget is going to put me under water.  

WHY oh why did I lend a certain someone 4k.    Why oh why did I put hardwood floors in my house and have a built in, built in.  Why did I fix the A/C?   I could of survived another GA summer without it, right?   Why did I buy a car?   oh.. well the car I had to, 'cause I totaled my other one.   But I did the other things because I was thinking I was going to put my house on the market and it needed the updates to somewhat compete in this awful market.    And after realizing that although this house is way too big for me, and the winter gas bills of $480 (ouch) were killing me, and the rest of the repairs that would need to be done, that selling the house wasn't really going to be that beneficial once all the numbers were run.  I would probably end up taking out the same mortgage that I already had, and if you add in the condo fees, the gas bill would pale in comparison over 12 months.  le sigh....

I am so screwed.  

On the bright side, the job is going good.   My boss and I are settling into a routine, and I don't feel like I am going to be fired every day.   He has had 9 admins in 12 years, so either he is mellowing, or he likes me.... I hope that both are true. 

No comments: