Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Christmas wishes

Two miscreants have been running wild in my house for the last few weeks. I've been living with "I don't know" and "Nothing".

"IDK" & "N" are turning the season into a seasonal nightmare.

Seriously. A nightmare.

I love Christmas (usually). I love walking downstairs Christmas morning and seeing all the presents under the tree. I love knowing that every child has a special gift under there that they really, really wanted but didn't think he was going to get.

I love watching them eagerly tear thru the paper and gasp or laugh at what they find when it's unwrapped.

and, I love having a secret. A secret is always the last present they open and are taken completely by surprise. Last years secret was the pool table.

This year... I have none of that. No awe, no surprise, no gasps. This year not one son has asked for anything and I haven't bought anything.

Am I going to have to resort to gift cards?!

Oh imagine the fun... walking downstairs to find....

.....envelopes(!) on the floor under the tree. Whoopee!


Last night I asked "Guys, it's 5 DAYS before Christmas, what do you want?"


"I don't know" one says with a shrug. "Nothing." says another.

Five days. There are 5 days left until Christmas morning.

and not one... not one present bought yet.

This is getting serious.

1 comment:

Lippy said...

YIKES!!!!! I'll meet you at the mall!

Merry Christmas to you and IDK and N