Saturday, September 17, 2005

An Artsy Entry


Dear Judith posed a question
What animal would you be
If you had the chance to change your shape
and live so differently.
I would of course be a house cat
To be pampered, spoiled and more
And spend my hours in kittenish splendor
with never a manicured paw outdoor.
Wait! Perhaps I'd be a bird,
with the world at my feet.
It would be a traffic free life, that's for sure..
Now wouldn't that be sweet.
Hmmm...But then again I'm not fond of heights,
So that choice might not be the best
So I'm back to being a cat again,
yes, that's better than the rest.
Although ... you know....it might be fun,
to be a wild animal too;
A Lion or Tiger or Bear in the woods.. Oh MY,
No, that will never do.
I could be an ant on a picnic all day,
or a housefly on the wall;
but both are rather dull when compared
to a cat who has it all.
I could of course, live life as a dog,
they are pets showered with love;
but when it came to doing tricks
I'm afraid I'd have to say *ahem* shove... it.
A cat will look at you like you're quite insane
And do whatever, when it pleases...
Which is pretty much the way I live my life now
just without the fleas -es.

A Judith Heartsong Artsy Entry

No comments: