Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Mother's Day Weekend

The weekend began great. It's always nice with all the boys home. And things were just humming pachingly along.... and then Saturday hit.

I woke up early and thought I'd do some work on the dPOD (the former damn pool of doom).

We've just 'opened' the pool, which means that the cover came off, new water added and the chemical warfare has now commenced.

Opening the ppol also means that the three large filters must be pulled out and sprayed off a few times a week to help the cleansing process. The filters are about 3 feet high and when wet, weigh a substantial amount. But it needs to be done. And so I did.

I pulled out the first filter and then I pulled out the second filter, and then I pulled out my back out.

*pop* *pop* *pop*.

yea. great. just freakin great.

So I hobbled my old ass back up stairs, took some Motrin, cussed myself for my stupidity and laid down, waiting for a son to wake up and help finish.

A few hours later (they're kids, they sleep til noon) one son wandered downstairs and I enlisted him.

He pulled out the remaining filter, we hosed them down, put them back in the filter housing (it looks like a really big weber grill) and then things went really, really, really bad.

Really.

Bad.

Apparently son didn't tighten the "O" ring enough on the filter housing and when I turned on the pump motor, about 3 seconds later...

KABOOOOOOM!

Yea. Um.. I blew up my pool filter.

broke. kaboom. blew fuckin UP.

Ever try to find a pool repair company on a Saturday?

umm.. yea.

No comments: