Thursday, March 16, 2006

Time Flies

It's that time of year again. Time for The Annual Company Meeting held every year in San Juan.

I'll have you know that I'm getting quite good at this flying thing.

Well I'm good if you consider that "good" means I can make through the airport, check bags, pass security and onto the plane without breaking out into hives, a cold sweat, or tears.

Remember when flight attendants used to be pretty? Or at least pleasant? Not any more. There used to be weight restrictions too for the personnel.... seems like that's been scrapped too.

The Delta flight attendants on both trips all looked rode hard and put away wet... with attitudes to match.

One FA, when asked by a fellow passenger what snacks they had, replied "honey, I'm worn out from telling, that's why I had her announce it again." I wanted to lean over and tell her, "Biotch, that's your job. You are there in part to serve your customers. It's not our fault you took a flying waitress position. And yes, I know the whole plane was told 50 times already what there was to eat.... but get over it, suck it up and do this part your job." Needless to say, they don't make flying more tolerable.

Aside from the flying thing, the trip was great. I'll post some pics soon.

Basically we ate, played pool, swam, ate some more, relaxed, ate some more, drank, ate even more, got a raise, and came home. In my case, I came home sick and now am spending two more days out of the office.

Damn I love my job.

9 comments:

Pretty peanut said...

I agree with you on the FAs. Some of them could be cuter, thinner, and could tolerate more since that is the job they chose. But whatever!
Sounds like you had a good time though. I like the "got a raise" part. That would have been enough for me!
Hope you get to feeling better soon.

Anonymous said...

I knowww . . . occasionally I 'll watch an old movie involving a flight and the sleek Pan Am Stewardess will be accomodating, grabbing mini-pillows, mini-bottles, heating baby bottles . . . doing it all, in such a pleasant way . . . and back then we weren't strip searched before flights!!!

Seems like the friendly skies got mad as h*ll!
Cyndy

Becky said...

We've never had a good experience with Delta. We always fly Continental. They are pretty good most of the time.

Becky said...

We've never had a good experience with Delta. We always fly Continental. They are pretty good most of the time.

Anonymous said...

I WANT YOUR JOB!
However, I would hate the flying part also. Want to get drunk before I board the flight, but then they wouldn't let me on the flight!
Nice to see you back, I was getting worried.
HOLLY

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see the pics.

BosieLadie said...

Your job sounds incredible...trips like that! My job sent me to Albuquerque, NM, for a week. LOL Then to Fresno, CA, for another week. Hmmm... Sorry about the FA, she should have known better than to answer like that! How rude! Hope you're feeling better soon.

Bedazzzled1 said...

I have been checking your blog for over a month...always hoping there would be a new entry. Finally, BINGO!

And, damn, you are funny. Congrats on the raise. Now get healthy!

Anonymous said...

I am so very glad you had a great time....you deserve it. AND yes, I remember when flying used to be fun and flight attendents were kind and pleasant. When you are flying the journey is a good one once you arrive at your destination with bags in tow! Anne